STAT 216 - Introduction to Statistics
Course Student Success Coordinator
Office: Wilson 2-263
Introduction to Statistical Investigations by Tintle, Chance, Cobb, Rossman, Roy, Swanson, and VanderStoep (Wiley, 2016). MSU negotiated a reduced price for the textbook and custom e-textbook package available only from the MSU Bookstore (ISBN -9781119385943). The custom e-textbook is required to access videos that will be assigned prior to each class. The print textbook is optional, but you should have access to the textbook (print or e-book) during each class period.
If you prefer to purchase the e-textbook alone, you may purchase it here.
- Spring 2017 Syllabus
- Spring 2017 Course Calendar (will be updated throughout the semester): Topics and Assigned Readings
- ISI Student Companion site
- ISI Web applets
- Web links used in this course
- Data we will use in this course is available here.
- Math Learning Center (MLC) is open 9 am to 8 pm Monday - Thursday and 9am to 3pm Friday. Do use it as a resource!
- We use Brightspace (D2L) to organize the course, so log in and find your section.
- If you have any problems logging in, read their password help page.