Graduate Program Application Procedure
How to Apply
Please review degree specific application requirements:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mathematics
- M.S. in Mathematics Education (MSMME)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics Education
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics
- Certificate in Applied Statistics
Screening and Advising
All Applicants should complete and submit this screening and advising form; there is no charge for submitting this form. This form allows the Graduate Program Committee to pre-assess your qualifications and to advise you regarding specific application requirements. Be sure to list all Math and Statistics courses you have completed, including the number of credits and the grade in each course. Providing your GRE scores is optional. International applicants, in addition, need to submit TOEFL scores. Be sure to check which program option you plan to apply for, as well as the semester and year you wish to start. Also, indicate if you want to be considered for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship. Our graduate Program Committee will review this information and let you know if you should pursue the official application process. Applications to our programs are accepted on a rolling basis.
- All applicants must complete the Graduate Application Form online through The Graduate School website and pay the $60 application fee.
- The GREs are optional, but if scores are submitted, they will be taken into account. Official scores can be sent to The Graduate School at Montana State University (code 4488).
- All applicants must use the online application to download the following required
- Three letters of recommendation are required from individuals, within your desired program, whom are qualified to assess your ability and potential to succeed as a graduate student.
- All applicants must submit a personal statement that includes your academic background, research experience and interests, your future academic goals and how our program fits your interests and aspirations.
- All applicants must provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- International Applicants require additional documentation. Please refer to The Graduate School website for additional requirements for international students.
- Paper applications can be furnished upon request by emailing The Graduate School.
Funding Application Deadlines
- December 15th is the priority deadline to be considered for scholarships, fellowships and for campus visit invitations. We will be awarding $1000 Presidential Scholarships and $5000 Meritorious Scholarship.
- Application review for Graduate Teaching Assistantship consideration begins in mid-December and most Assistantships will be awarded by April 15th. Applications past this date will be considered on a "space available" basis.
Graduate Program Coordinator
PO Box 172400
Bozeman, MT 59717-2400