Mathematics Education M.S. Program (MSMME)
The Masters of Science in Mathematics – Mathematics Education (MSMME) is a terminal degree program for secondary mathematics teachers. In addition to the application materials required by the MSU Graduate School the Mathematics Department requires:
A Personal Statement Which Shall Include
- Submit a Personal Statement
- A summary of the applicant’s history and current status as a mathematics teacher
- A discussion of the applicant’s strengths and interests as a mathematics teacher
- A description of the applicant’s goals for completing a Masters Degree in Mathematics focused on secondary mathematics education.
Preferred Academic Requirements and Experience
- Earned BS or BA degree from a mathematics or mathematics teaching program
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Certification to teach secondary mathematics OR equivalent private school experience
- Two or more years of teaching experience
- A current position in high school teaching
Note: The GRE is not required for admission to this program.
Note: Applicants eligible for in-state tuition under the WRGP-WICHE program should include a brief memo declaring residency in one of the participating Western states (see http://wiche.edu/wrgp).
This program emphasizes the standards and practices of the U.S. education system. Teachers who work overseas in private, military, or diplomatic schools are eligible to apply.
Updated on: 10/04/2013.