Mathematics Education Faculty
Professor of Mathematics Education
- Ph.D. (2003) and M.A.(1999) in Mathematics, University of New Mexico
- B.A. (1992) Mathematics and English, University of North Carolina.
- Office phone: 406-994-3322
Classroom coaching in elementary mathematics classrooms; connections between the mathematics pre-service teachers study as undergraduates and the mathematics they will teach to school students; gender issues in mathematics education.
- Examining Mathematics Coaching, a research study examining the knowledge held by effective mathematics classroom coaches in elementary schools (NSF-funded)
- Promoting awareness of gender issues in mathematics classrooms. Link: http://www.ams.org/notices/201309/rnoti-p1156.pdf
- Her outreach efforts include serving as chair of the Mathematical Association of America's Committee on the Mathematical Education of Teachers. Link: http://www.maa.org/about-maa/governance/council-and-committees-list?cid=00302872
- Personal Home Page