Fall 2015, 11-11:50 PM MWF (in Wilson Hall 1-131)
- Announcements: You have to satisfy the prerequisites, M 166 or M 172.
- Timeline and Homework (subject to changes as we go)
- Your Class Points
- Course Materials
- Some Advice
(see also Official Term Calendar for important dates.)
- Quizzes: Weekly quizzes (typically on Wednesdays) will be announced in class. The lowest quiz score will be dropped from your record.
- Exam 1: on Chapters 1,2, almost surely on 23 Sept (but the exact date TBA in class )
- Exam 2: on Chapters 3,4, almost surely on 30 Oct (but the exact date TBA in class )
- Final Examination (comprehensive): 4:00-5:50 PM on 8 Dec in Wilson 1-131 (per Registrar's Instructions )
How your Grade will be Determined
- Exam 1 (chapters 1+2)= 20%
- Exam 2 (chapters 3+4)= 20%
- Weekly Quizzes (with the lowest dropped) = 30%
- Final = (chapters 1-6) = 30%
Total = 100%
Text and Homework
- Introduction to Linear Algebra (4th edition) by Gilbert Strang (see more info ).
I expect that you read the book; lecture participation is not enough (more friendly advice.)
- Homework assignments (posted in class or under this link) will not be collected; however, quizzes will be based on them.
- Calculators will not be allowed on exams (unless specifically stated otherwise).